Have you ever had one of those days that you think things just can't get any worse and then they do? Yep, we had one of those yesterday.
It started off when I was on my way to a Doc appointment for Eva. I got around the block and up the street when the car was completely shaking and stalling. It was super scary and I didn't have good feeling to continue so I turned around and came home. So problem with car and missed Doc appt.
I was supposed to make a treat for our Relief Society activity but didn't have any eggs. I was supposed to go to the store after the Doctors to pick up a few things. Thank goodness for awesome neighbors who had me covered with the eggs.
I had a cleaning day and went down to start laundry and found that our liquid laundry detergent had a whole in the bottom some how and was leaking all of the shelf onto the washer and onto the floor. Not sure how that happened.
I was making dinner quickly so that it would be ready for Jordan when he got home then we could run our car into our friend to get fixed. Dinner was ready and then I get a call. Jordan's car was dead. He had left the lights on accidentally because his lights on the dashboard went out and he didn't know they were even on. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal to jump the car but Jordan has an automatic opener thing. So since the battery was dead it wouldn't open the car. The key he had was only for the ignition. Jordan asked me to find the extra set just in case. I went to the drawer I thought it was in, the drawer was pushed in wrong and stuck (daniel of course). I couldn't even pull it out. Well I finally pulled it out that it broke the front of the drawer off.... So I had the other set at home and couldn't drive my car to give them to him So He called safety patrol ( from the school) and they broke into his car in order to pop the hood to jump the car.
They jump the car and Jordan tells me he is on his way home. 2 mins before his arrival, Daniel was running and steps on some toy that moves out from under him and he smacks the back of his head and back on the cement. Daniel is a tough kid...so when he was crying super hard, I knew it hurt. So Jordan arrives home to a freaking out Child.....
We stuffed our face and I bribe Daniel with marshmallows and candy corn to get into the car since he is still crying. Off we go to drop our car off which is like a 5 -7 min ride. It turned into a 20 min ride. Jordan drove my car and he could only go like 30 miles per hour on the freeway or it would shake and stall. So we looked like idiots on the freeway. Jordan had his emergency flashers on but I couldn't find mine anywhere and had a crying child wanting water after the junk he just ate. We must have been honked at like 50 times.
We finally get there and drop the car off. On our way home Jordan gets several calls from new members about moving, helping a homeless man, a man in hospital who needs blessing etc... Did I mention I had RS Activity that I needed to go but decided to show up at the end to pick up my pan etc.. (it was just at out clubhouse)
Jordan got all the phone calls squared away and I went to the activity for a second. Daniel was asleep, I was cleaning up house while Jordan was studying...Did I mention he had two midterms the next day and two more later this week, is getting sick and is sleep deprived? Poor guy.
We were getting ready for bed and laughing about all that had happened and realizing what matters most. Grateful we are all healthy and doing well. Then our sweet Eva who has been so cute and a champ all day decided it was her turn. It took me 2.5 hours to get her to bed. So I ended up getting to bed at 12:30. I sure hope Jordan got some sleep and hopes Heavenly Father will help him out with his exams today.
Just one of those days...hope we don't have another one for a while. But really, I have alot to be grateful for, I sure love my family and my life.
6 comments:
ok. so I'm laughing. but it's ok now, right? I have had those days... remember awhile back with our car and stuff... yours was worse though... seriously. im still chuckling... just because I can imagine it. sorry love. At least you just went with it... but really... did eva really need to fight for attention all night. seriously?
Holy cow! I never would have thought that your day was so crazy, because you looked pretty calm at the RS activity. Rest up! :)
And you didn't shed a single tear the whole day?!
Sometimes when it rains it pours...but maybe there is a secret blessing in that. There comes that point when the multiple things going wrong becomes unbelievably ridiculous that you can't help but laugh...and laughing has a way of changing our perspective.
I think the hardest part for me would have been the drive on the freeway with a child crying the whole way and 50 jerks honking at me. :)
I hope you have a very smooth day today! Love You!
P.S. You are a champ!
Wow, I don't think you could have planned it to be more crazy. Seriously? You guys are amazing. Way to laugh about it at the end of the day! You are pretty much incredible!
I seriously felt like I was holding my breath that entire post. As weird as that sounds, I was just waiting for a break in your day! haha but like Cameron said...now that it's over, we can just laugh about it now :) I haven't had a day like that in awhile, and I will do all that it takes to avoid one at all costs...oh and PS, your urging for me to blog spouted 2 posts out of me tonight, good work! More to come!
Post a Comment