Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our Princess has arrived....

 Thursday, June 30th we arrived at the hospital at 7:00 am. After paper work and getting checked in etc.. they started the pitocin(sp) at 8:00ish. I started to feel contractions. They uped the dosage at 8:30 by then I was having contractions 5 min, then 3 min then 2 min. I asked when I could get the epideryal. They said they would have to put in an order and call my doc. That seemed like forever. But really wasn't that long. I was sure feeling contractions hard. By this time I went from a 4 to a 9 and after epideryal a 10. I think every one in shock how fast I progressed.
I tried to explain to the nurses when I got there that I go pretty quick but I don't think they really thought I would. Anyway, after the epideryal I relaxed about 30 min. Then my doctor arrived and I started to push about 10:05. And there is the story of our little princess EVA. She weighed 7.3 lbs with measuring 21.5 inches in length. She has lots of hair. But a little bald in the front. We think she looks a lot like Daniel did when he was a baby...

 I convinced the nurses to let me be released Friday instead of Sat. I was so bored and so glad they did. So we came home Friday around 3ish. We are so happy to be home and have our little princess Eva with us. It's crazy to think we are a family of 4.

Can I just add it feels amazing to not be pregnant!!! I eat all the time, sleep on my tummy and don't have to go to the bathroom every 5 min. Hurray!





Aunt Madi

Daniel was a little Shy with the baby, He didn't pay much attention. However, today he has wanted to hold her twice! He will be so helpful and a great big brother.


Grandma Hillam



Daddy exhausted already...Actually Jordan can't get enough of Eva. He loves to hold her, change her clothes, put bows in her hair and change diapers. Daddy's little girl!



I look awesome in this pic. It was a rough night last night but Daniel looks cute.... Daniel holding his baby sister.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! How lucky to have such a quick delivery...I am glad you got that epidural! It is weird to suddenly go from one child to two but it will be a fun transition.